Has anyone actullay passed with CIW

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by dee1810, Aug 15, 2005.

1. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hello all

I am nearing the end of my course with Scheidegger. The exams are looming soon, and I can't get a straight answer about how much the CIW exam fees are. I have been advised to view the CIW site, but the figures that they have are $125. Now this is for The US and canada, and obviously I have to convert that amount. Does anyone know how much the exams cost?

$125 dollars is £68.89, so why did someone mention £150 per exam paper.??????????????

Please can someone help me who has been through it themselves. try as I might, I can't find anyone who has sat these exams. :blink

Oh, I almost forgot- where do the Brits sit these exams.

Thank You

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi,

I don't know much about the CIW exams but the price you have stated sounds about right, but you have to remember to add the VAT onto the cost.

As to where you can take the exams then you will have to register with prometric, who are the test providers, they will then provide you with a list of testing centres and you can select one near to you.

Here is a link to the Prometric registration web site.

8)

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi again Dee.
    You've PM'd me a few times about this. I've done the Master CIW designer in the UK so I know the score. One thing you don't mention is why it matters so much?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Sorry, I've just read through my last post and it sounds a bit rude. Maybe I need to rephrase it...

You gave me the imression that you were going with a training provider. If so, they usually pay your exam fees or they reimurse you when you've done it, so either way the cost shouldn't matter.
    If you're planning on going it alone and want to double check the figures I gave you just phone one of the testing centres - there's a list posted around here somewhere, or you can try www.pearsonvue.com which will give you a list.
    They will be able to quote you an up to date figure for any exam you choose to name.

Hope this is a bit more helpful.

5. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hi JonnyMX

I have been on holiday since you last posted, and have just found your last comments.

Everything is cool about what you said, honest! I must have mislead you somehow... I am with Scheidegger training who are based in Luton.

The reason that I was asking about exam prices is because I started studying when I was on Maternity leave, and money IS an object, as I didn't return to work after. I just wanted to know what "sort of money" I was looking at, in order to sit these exams. Scheidegger always fobbed me off, by suggesting that I look at the CIW site. I was told, initially, that the exam fees AREN'T included - but like we discussed in the private message, it is included, but I have to pay it first, and then Scheidegger pays it back to me.
    I have had to DRILL it into my families heads that it is Prometric exams (CIW), and Not Scheidegger exams.

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  6. [TC]jimmy

[TC]jimmy Bit Poster

ya i'm on the same course...the exams are 200-250 pounds each and there's 5 of them. however if you read your study guide it tells you they pay for thme all, it comes out of the money you give em every month. not to mention that if you fail they put you through the whole course again free of charge.

As for where you take them, they have different offices located around the uk. i live in norwich-eastanglia and my nearest test centre is cambridge which is a good 1-2 hours away. so really you need to find out yourself mate sorry.

Certifications: ND in ICT
    WIP: CIW WEB DESIGN MASTER
  7. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

[TC]jimmy dude, your sig is a whole meg!! imagine the poor ppl on dialup!

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

ye gods .. he's right.. 970Kb...

thats a cardinal sin with web folks... u sure it's CIW you're studying [tc]jimmy ? :eek:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

LOL :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. [TC]jimmy

[TC]jimmy Bit Poster

lol its ok it for a forum i'm with for online gaming, i change it ok.

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi mate.
    Good luck with your studies.
    It's still a bit pretentious to have a signiture that is ten times the size of you post.
    It's the number one sin of web design.
    My advice would be to lose it.
    Sure, it looks really cool, I'm not disputing that.
    Just think about it...

12. [TC]jimmy

[TC]jimmy Bit Poster

ya lol, didn't realise how big it was sorry guys. changed now.

13. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

CIW exams are £88 - I think you have to add VAT to that price. Its definitely either 88+VAT or £88 all in...

Or is that the MS prices?.. it could be £89.. but who's quibbling over a quid.. .

its definitely not £250 per exam!

so, 88 or 89 with or without VAT.. I think you have to add the VAT to that price..

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I bet you say that to all the girls...

15. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I don't, i'd rather be honest!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  16. [TC]jimmy

[TC]jimmy Bit Poster

lol jonny, nah.

i was told by the guy who came round the house that the exams were 250 each but that they pay for them.... thats for the actual exam tho, as you complete the course and get a scheidiger certificate..then you have to go on and do the exams. nice if they were 89 pounds lol.
    sent off my first assignment today, all pretty easy so far, hopefully will get through it as quick as poss so i can progress.

also what other add-on qualifications are there available to a qualified CIW?? might consider doing some more after.

17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I posted the exact cost around here somewhere, but I can't find it...
    Give or take a couple of quid they are 89.00 GBP, excluding VAT.

18. [TC]jimmy

[TC]jimmy Bit Poster

whew, thats alright then lol. cos apprantley you have to pay for them and they pay you back which sounds a little silly??!!??! :eek:

19. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well I can kind of understand it. I've actually booked some of my own exams. The online booking facility is really easy to use, but each user has to have a user name and password etc and it sends confirmation back to your email. It's much better than when you had to go through their call centers. I suppose it would be a nightmare to do this for all students.

Do they always pay, or do they only refund the fees if you pass? Important difference.