Hardest exam MCITP:EA

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Danshand, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

Hello all,

I am just wondering from those of you who have done the MCITP:EA, which of the exams you thought was the most difficult? I have done the 70-620 and the 70-642 which I found easy enough, and so far the material in the 70-640 seems ok, albeit there is a lot of it!

Which of the exams have you found the most difficult, and why?

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I did the upgrade path, so for me it was the 70-649. As I had to sit the exam 3 times.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Hi Ken, was the 649 really tough then? I've just started on the material for this one.

Thanks

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  4. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

upgrade exam 70-649 is combination of MCTS exams.So ,generally speaking ,70-649 is hardest.

5. Kitkatninja

The 70-649 is a combination of 3 MCTS exams (literally). The exam is broken into 3 parts that correspond to the different exams. Your overall score is the lowest score of the "3 exams" and if you fail one part you fail the whole exam.

So for me, it was the one of the hardest exams I've ever taken :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Thanks for the info!

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  7. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

yeah ,In my opinion ,you are right.
    even ,i once read a post said that "you'd better give up the hardest exam 70-649."
    As some candidates once site 70-649 for 3 times or more .
    Even so ,i still want to site this hardest exam.

En ,since you had taken 70-649 ,can you share me your experience such as materials or study plan or ,books and so on .
    thanks

8. Kitkatninja

You can read about it here. One thing that I'd like to point out is that I've been working with 2008 since the beta release.

-ken

9. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

good experience ,good share ,thanks for your useful informaiton :eek:

10. Danshand

Danshand Nibble Poster

In regards to the core 5 exams, not the upgrade exams, most people tell me that the 70-642 is the tough exam, where as I would have thought the 70-647. I found the 70-642 was a step up, however I had only previously sat the 70-620 so not much of a comparison. I am currently studying the 70-640, which I am really enjoying as I like to think as myself as quite advanced with AD. The problem I am finding is that the amount of information is VAST in this book even compared to the 70-642.

Just wondering anyone elses thoughts!?!

Certifications: Many.
    WIP: MCITP, ITIL