Halfway through

Discussion in 'A+' started by noelg24, Jun 17, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Cant believe it. I almost halfway through my A+ Complete Study Guide book phew!!! its like over 800 pages long and its taken me like nearly 1month to read just half of it. Well I am going to attempt to read the second part (OS Technologies). One thing I wanted to ask was is there anywhere or anyone who can help me do some mock exam questions in the mean time? I would really like to practice as much as possible and get this A+. I have the CD with the book and its very helpful but I need something to keep me going. any help would be great. Thanks.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations. It is a huge book. As I recall though, there are sections that are "beyond" the A+ so if you're pressed for time, you can skip those and just concentrate on the content that directly applies to the test. Also remember, you don't have to take the two tests in the same day (I did, but I have a hard time delaying gratification). You can focus on one part, take that test, then tackle the other. Just a thought.

There must be about a zillion free A+ mock tests on the Internet. Of course, being free, you get what you pay for. The disk that comes with the Meyers book has a good selection of tests on it.
    Actually, I've been toying with the idea of producing some A+ QOTDs for certforums but with work, studying, generally having a life, and already doing two QOTDs, I wasn't sure if I'd end up biting off more than I could chew. I'll think about it.

As a starter, try Googling "free certification tests", free online A+ tests" and similar word combinations. See what you can come up with. You can also download free demos from http://www.transcender.com. Hope this helps some.

Certifications: A+ and Network+