Had my first interview today! :D

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by orangepeeleo, Apr 22, 2010.

1. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Hey,

So i went for my first interview today (1st Line Support role) and thought i'd share it with others to maybe give them a little of what they could expect.

The first thing the interviewers did was go through the role with me, talking a bit about what they do, what they will be doing in the future (more on this later), who they are looking for, next they did a kinda cv review where they talked through my cv with me to glean some more information, just kinda bringing up some points and expecting me to expand on them, i.e. "So you done x, what kind of time frames/team size did you do it in" "When did you get x qualification and how did you find it" etc etc

Then they went onto the scenario based questions, which i was dreading the most tbh, off the top of my head the ones i was asked were, "Give an example of a time where you dealt with a difficult customer, how you dealt with it and what the outcome was" "How would you deal with not getting on with a fellow colleague" "What was the best team you worked in and why" "What do you want to be doing in the future" "Give an example of a time where you had to prioritise issues"

Then the last question was simply "Why (company name)?"

So, how did i do?? Quite well i think, i'm not counting my chickens or anything but i'm quietly confident....but then i am a confident person, both in my abilities and my people skills, so i would be confident lol I think i'll be gutted if i don't get this position though, they are hiring because they are moving into/building a new building and obv need the staff to firstly set it up and then support the users, it would be a 6/9 month position with the possibility to extend once they have looked at their setup and decided how many staff they need and what kind of exp level they need to be at. This seems like a really really good opportunity for me to get hands on with a wide variety of kit and obv get my foot onto the IT ladder in a civilian environment.

They said that i should hear back from them around the middle/end of next week as they had one candidate stranded because of the volcanic ash lol they are taking on two people though, one to start straight away and get stuck in with the setup/build and one to come in about 1 month later when things are a bit settled, my fingers are firmly crossed and i'll keep y'all updated come next week :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck, sounds like you did ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Good Luck, hope you get the job!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Best of luck for the job:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Orangepeeleo, did you not receive my PM?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Hey, i got it but something came up, the joys of temporarily (i hope) being a full time house husband lol

I've just sent you an email there with my cv attached. Thanks

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Best of luck!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  8. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Wish you the best of luck mate getting the job 8) sounds like you did fine in the interview.

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST