Guide help for MCSE distance learning

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by antonsev, Feb 6, 2009.

1. antonsev

antonsev New Member

hi all

i'm living outside uk and would like to follow the mcse course. i'm already well acquainted with
    ms operating systems, networks, security and all.

i was wondering if www.learnitonline.co.uk ain't any good since their prices seem to be so attractive.

can you suggest other companies from uk that i can search for who offer distance learning MCSE??

thanks
    tony

2. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I have no knowledge of the company, so i don't know if they are good or not. Do you have experience Administering servers, in a business enviroment?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

What is wrong with using local companies to provide a learning environment?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. antonsev

antonsev New Member

First of all thanks for the immediate replies....

@Big_Nath - yes i have plenty of experience on windows all platforms, including NT, and 2000, DOS, and even a bit of Novell. it is part of my job actually but i never minded to get certifications.

@hbroomhall - unluckily i cannot find any local company who can provide distance learning courses, but however there are 5 certified exam centres from VUE ... don't know if that's relevant.

do you suggest some DL mcse course provider??

thanks again

tony

5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. antonsev

antonsev New Member

no one??

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I don't live in the UK, but I do know the MCSE training kits exist. Have you considered maybe buying the MS press books and studying that on your own? the books also come with measure up exams so you can practice. Also considering you have experience it wouldn't be impossible for you and you'll probably save money too...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I have not used distance learning courses online so can't comment on those. If you want instructor type class learning through software videos i can recommend the Testout stuff. They will provide simulations throughout the course and regular tests and quizzes after each section I would combine this with a book or two before the exam though if you feel you are weak in any areas. As you seem pretty experienced it may not be necessary though.

There are other CBT courses from CBT Nuggets, Learnkey, Trainsignal to name a few. Popular on these forums are the practice tests from MeasureUp and Boson amongst others.

Please make sure that any study material you do consider purchasing is verified as legit on this website as there are so many dodgy sites out there that will get you decertified for life should you use their cheating braindumps.

I would assume an online distance learning course would be much more expensive than a CBT and would probably just offer some support if you are stuck. I am sure if you were stuck using a CBT you could seek help on these forums. There are many knowledgeable people on here always willing to help out.

Hope that helps.

PS. I don't like the look of that site you linked, it looks tacky and dodgy. That's just my opinion though.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  9. antonsev

antonsev New Member

Thanks a lot!! Will have a look at suggested sites...