Guess what my brother found in his garage last week?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BosonMichael, Oct 15, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My old Amiga 500!!! Complete with my 40 MB (yes, MB, separated into two 20 MB partitions, no less!) SupraDrive. So he gave it back to me. :yep

Absolutely amazing. That almost-20-year-old computer still boots up without any problems, and I can see the hard drive is mounted. I'm missing the mouse, but I'm working on getting a replacement.

Pictures and info on the Amiga 500 viewable here and here.

I'll take some pics after I get the mouse or a joystick or something. :)

I wonder if he's got my old C64 stored away in his attic... :hhhmmm

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I expect if you look on Ebay you can get a small fortune for it. retro computers seem to be in at the moment. I even caught a member of staff playing manic miner on his PC at work!8) The graphics are crap, but the game was so addictive:biggrin

Hey I think i have just found a picture of him:-

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. BosonMichael

Nah, they seem to be going for cheap... about $100ish.. I've considered winning one of those auctions just to take the mouse and games and resell the rest on eBay. However, the shipping is sometimes quite expensive... and you never know what shape it'll be in after the postal service gets through with it. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If I can find my spare mouse for my Amiga 500 I'll send you it, as long as you pay for shipping.

But there is no gaurantee I can find it but I will look if you like.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! That's some...
    [​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. BosonMichael

How much is shipping from there to here (somewhat faster than a one-month transit time - heh!)? I'd certainly pay for shipping if it's not very expensive...

8. greenbrucelee

I can't imagine it being more than £10 or $20 to you, I will find out if I find the mouse,

9. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. I still have my old TI99 packed away somewhere. I never did go for those newer computers. :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  10. greenbrucelee

I have a zx 81 but it does not work and a dragon 32k with a good golf game.

11. BosonMichael

Mmmm... let me see if I can find it cheaper locally. If I can't, I'll shoot you a PM. Many thanks for the offer! :)

12. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Amiga 500.... now your talking!!! I gave mine away mid 90's and I regret it, many happy hours spent trying to make tracks with pro-tracker and many more playing elite!

While we are on the subject of old computers you have reminded me I have a brand new Atari ST 520 and used monitor in the loft, its only been booted up between 10-20 times It has spent about 8 years in my mothers spare room and another 3 years in my loft, what to do with that thing:hhhmmm

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

And that is some sickly looking Ceratopsid...

I still got my Atari ST at my mum's somewhere in the loft. What do you reckon it still boots up? Even after being in an unventilated, cold, damp attic for fifteen years :twisted:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em