Group Policy Deployment Problem

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ahmad_ellahi, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ahmad_ellahi

ahmad_ellahi New Member

Hello friends i am facing a problem regarding Group Policy software deployment i have successfully deployed Microsoft Applications like Office 2003 with MSI files. Now i want to deploy non-MSI applications like WInzip, Winrar, Real Player etc. can any body help me how to deploy such non Microsoft application, please refer to a text tutorial or video tutorial.

Waiting 4 Reply

Best Regards
    Ahmad Ellahi

Certifications: CCNA, MCSE
    WIP: CCNP, MCITP
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Hi Ahmad,

Welcome to certForums, regarding your query you may need to provide some more info.

Quick answer is that most installations can be scripted, for example look HERE for a example on scripting the installation of WINRAR.

What sort of environment are you working in?

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

Do a quick google search for 'msi packager' or 'msi packaging' and you'll find tons of information about how to create msi packages for your installs.

4. ahmad_ellahi

ahmad_ellahi New Member

I am working in Windows 2003 Server environment and i want to use Group Policy to deploy those application.

Certifications: CCNA, MCSE
    WIP: CCNP, MCITP