Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by PaulRed, Mar 30, 2010.

1. PaulRed

PaulRed New Member

Hi,,
    Greetings from New Zealand. Just completed my CompTIA A+ Certification Part 1 & 2 Exams.
    My next ones will be the XP 2285B and MS Server 2003 certifications.
    I'm doing this as part of a career change having worked as a production engineer previously
    and been made redundant when the economy took a downturn. As they say: you never stop learning.

Cheers.:)

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

If you're going for a career change, doing the Server 2003 (MCSE) exams is not the way to go. The MCSE is designed for people who have 12 months of experience already doing server administration in a real-world, multi-site, multi-server domain environment... and not just 12 months in IT, 12 months actually administering servers... which is something that entry-level techs aren't typically allowed to start out doing.

To get an entry-level job, you've already got everything you need. So I'd recommend that you start applying now... and while you're applying, continue your certification studies with the Network+ and MCDST certifications. Both are entry-level certifications that will help you get started in IT.

Again, welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

What he said ^

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. wizard