Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by revelated, Jan 11, 2010.

1. revelated

revelated New Member

I know it's co.uk, but I hope us Americans are allowed to post here since this is the most notable of forums regarding certifications.

Certifications: A+ (2009), MCTS (Windows 7), MCSA, OCI
    WIP: CDIA+, Network+, OCWE
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Its .com as well mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

What are you studying?

4. revelated

revelated New Member

Thanks. I'm just playing catch up on some of the stuff I was taking as a youth, until the scam school I was going to filed bankruptcy. If it weren't for California I'd be stuck paying a $20,000 bill for nothing.

I finished my MCP (70-270) back in October 2008, A+ back in October 2009, MCTS: Windows 7 shortly after that, and then I took care of 70-290 in November. I barely failed 70-291 in December and due to a testing center screw up I couldn't get the retest done in 2009 like I'd planned, but I have it booked for tomorrow and confirmed with a more reputable place. I'm confident I'll pass it this time; then I should have MCSA. After that I might backtrack to MCTS Vista just for the fact that a lot of people bought computers with Vista loaded, and I know a lot about that OS that most others don't.

My company pays for cert education so long as they're directly relevant to my job functions, so I'm taking well advantage of the opportunity. When I'm done, I should be A+ (2009), MCTS Windows 7, and MCSA. I'm also a TechNet sub, so I can play with just about any OS I care to. Helps a lot to be hands on with this stuff - I breezed through A+.

2010 is the year of specialty certs - CDIA+ (because I work in document imaging), Network+, Security+, and VMWare Certification. Unlike most I'm not taking classes for any of this. I've been working with computers since I was 6 years old, I'm just quantifying that knowledge now that I have the time and money to do so.

Not according to the logo in the upper left it isn't...which is what threw me off, because .com is what I typed in. I appreciate the welcome though.

5. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to our corner of cyberspace...... also known as the madhouse!! :D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  6. revelated

revelated New Member

Thanks.

Side note, I passed 70-291 this time, so I'm now MCSA certified. I'm done for a while.