Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Silmaril, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Silmaril

Silmaril New Member

Hi all,
    Studying for my MCSA. Currently working through the 'easy' course - Client exam in XP. Hope to book exam for end of next week, during the school hols before I go back to teaching a grade of 3/4 students!

Forum looks good, I expect to lurk here for a while reading all the great posts!

:biggrin

WIP: MCSA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Good luck on your MCSA course, just out of interest, what is your IT experience like? If you do not have any experience, I would strongly recommend doing the Network+ before you get to the 70-291 (one of the hardest exams on the MS route). I have taught the MCSA/MCSE modules for the last 2 1/2 years and I have seen people struggle with alot of the basic concepts that they should already know before starting the course. However to be honest I would have recommend doing the MCDST first :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF, from what i have read here, A+ N+ MCDST seems to be the way to go, you should listen to wagnerk this man talks alot of sence!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  5. Silmaril

Silmaril New Member

Thanks for the feedback.

My IT experience is great at user level - whereas I have no knowledge of servers and networking beyond the basics.
    I've worked as level 1 helpdesk for an ISP. Currently working as a teacher, and my aim is to get a job within a similar environment as admin/tech.

Most of the XP exam preparation has been easy, though I have spent the last day wrestling my mind around subnets - think I have it now!

I'll look into Network+, anything to make the process easier would be great. Though I assume were I to do Network+ I may as well do A+ and have that as my elective?

WIP: MCSA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The A+ would be quite worthwhile. If the A+ stuff is easy to you, then you'll conquer it quickly... if it requires a bit of study, then that's even MORE reason to get it! :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

G'day mate.
    Another Aussie is always welcome to the forum. :biggrin

No worries.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685