Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by D-bowl, Apr 17, 2006.

1. D-bowl

D-bowl New Member

Hello everyone.

I am currently thinking of changing my career from construction, to the IT world. My Desired goal is to complete the Master CIW Designer course. Im still unsure what path to follow as several have been laid out before me. The first was to train through Computeach which all seemed well and good until they told me the price. Having browsed forums i was put off this idea and saw some other people had trained from books they bought then paid to sit the exams. this seems like a better way for me tho i am concerned how you could go out into the field without any hands on experience. has anyone here took that path ? and if so, just how did they manage.

Also if anyone here has any useful tips they would like to share it would be much appreciated. :)

2. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF..

I would hazard a guess that you're looking toward the CompTia A+ and N+ certs to start with and then moving toward a more specific path.

Come over to the A+ forum and feel free to ask about your certification choices,methods and learning tools.

Welcome again to CF and we look forward to seeing you around the place.. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

HI D-bowl...

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster