Greetings to all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by madskillz, Sep 21, 2008.

1. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Hi all.

Thought I'd do the polite thing and introduce myself before posting comments\ queries\ requests for assistance etc.

I've worked for Siemens IT Solutions & Services in the UK for 5 years as a Win2k3 System Admin (mostly doing AD account management, Exchange support and MSI packaging\ distribution with SMS) and am looking to finish my MCSE Messaging over the next year.

I've already got 70-270, 271,272 and 290 and have taken 294 but failed it with a 691 (shucks!)

I've just ordered the technology for my virtual server environment which will be as follows:

Intel Q6600 with Freezer Pro 7
    8GB DDR2 (Geil Black Dragon)
    Asus P5K
    Corsair 520W PSU
    Win XP 64bit SP3
    2 x Hitachi Deskstar 500GB drives (one for OS, one for virtual machines)

I've got an 8800GT left over from my gaming machine so this will provide GFX (now that nVidia have stabilised the 64bit drivers) The whole lot will be housed in a Coolermaster Centurion 5 case, again left over from a previous machine upgrade.

I'm looking to set up the VMware environment to study for and pass 291 aka 'the beast' so will appreciate any hints, tips, 'no-brainers' anyone has to share as I do this. I've got the MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network Infrastructure book to work from and additionally will probably purchase the Transcender practice exam just before I sit the actual test.

I love motor racing of all description and also enjoy Cinema of any genre (very easy to please!). I enjoy reading Sci-Fi (currently reading Peter F Hamilton's 'The Dreaming Void') and also playing competitive sport of any description.

I'm looking forward to this certification adventure and hope to share its ups and downs via this forum over the coming months.

Thanks for reading,

Madskillz

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Thanks NB - Good to see a fellow Midlander on here...I live in Long Eaton by the way so you're not too far from here m8!!

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009