Greetings & Salutations!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by sirkozz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. sirkozz

sirkozz Bit Poster

Found you guys off a google search. My employer has put the screws to me!!! He wants me get my CWNE/CCNA by the end of the year!!! Cisco is no problem, but wow, have you ever looked at the CWNE requirements, letters of endorsement, verified industry experience!!! And then there is the PW-300 test to contend with!!! Employer wants to get a discount on Motorola hardware. I’m thinking I won’t even get a raise this year!!!

Certifications: do expired ones count???
    WIP: CWNE/CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

It may be possible for you to do this, however alot depends on your experience and if you've already done a couple of CNWP exams already. You may have to explain to your employers that you'll need more time...

Good luck

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. sirkozz

sirkozz Bit Poster

My issue with this is that I ‘m an FE, I spend 45 weeks a year on the road, and finding time to study between driving/flying/working is really hard. By the end of the month I will have accrued 20,000 air miles!!! However I have been in IT/Telephony since 1988, 4 years of working for Motorola and Nortel in mobile phone systems, been in WLAN engineering since the days of 900MHz. So it’s not the knowledge I lack just the time to put it all together to get the certs.

Thanx for the welcome!

Certifications: do expired ones count???
    WIP: CWNE/CCNA
  4. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Welcome and good luck! Sound like a tough journey, but this site will help you along.:thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA