Grammar question

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by rax, Sep 19, 2007.

1. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Essential for the future success of the abc is the maintenance of gained data and the further penetration of the abc in the remaining fields of the corporation.

Is there something wrong with this? I can't seem to figure out where/how to add a comma or anything else..

Dave

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Only place I can see you might want one is before the 'and'. It breaks up the sentence.

3. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Can you change the sentence at all? Personally, I think it would read better to place a comma after 'data', to remove tha 'and', and put an 'as well as' before the 'the, so the sentence would read

Essential for the future success of the abc is the maintenance of gained data, as well as the further penetration of the abc in the remaining fields of the corporation

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  4. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

IMHO this sounds better:

"The maintenance of gained data and further penetration in the remaining fields of the corporation is essential for the further success of the ABC"

Tom

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds like a buncha corporate-speak to me... :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!