Google doubles up

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phoenix, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Google have doubled GMail storage space today, to celebrate thier 1st birthday
    Gmail was announced on April the 1st last year, causing all sorts of questions as to its realism (The internet is a wonderful place on april the 1st, its been traditional to throw a whole lot of jokes out there every year)
    However google true to thier word once again, have already started increasing storage space (at time of posting its upto 1400) and is increasing at the rate of a java clock on the gmail front page :)

also new today is the addition of rich text formatting, we now have colours, bold fonts, underlining and highlighting for our emails

good on google :)

and watch out for the 'real' April 1st gags floating around the net today :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Noticed that this mornig Ryan - logged on to find a nice 1.4Gb Inbox and a bunch of new features - RTF might actually make me use their interface more now, cos I stopped using it, with mail forwarded to my main pop account in Outlook.

Nice :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity