Good news guys

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Cunningfox, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Passed SWITCH this morning, with ROUTE already in the bag just TSHOOT to go :D

:beers2

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
    keconnect sparky likes this.
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Congrats mate!! Well ahead of me, just getting my N+ done then plan on CCNA by middle of next year. Then may move towards all the stuff you are doing.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
    Cunningfox likes this.
  3. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Cheers :).

It's not a race is it, you just need to keep the motivation going and keep plodding through it.

4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Well Done, Sir, good work.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
    Cunningfox likes this.
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
    Cunningfox likes this.
  6. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Well done buddy, i passed my switch a couple of weeks back and have just started studying for tshoot which i have to say looks a pretty cool exam!!!

Jeremy Cioara's CBT nuggets for the tshoot is very good as well as being quite amusing!! he basically rents some rack time and goes through the lab guides blind ON the VIDEO! its quite cool to see some of the stuff he does and its very cool to think that he is doing some of the troubleshooting that i was thinking of while watching!!

Jon

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
    Cunningfox likes this.
  7. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

I do enjoy watching Cioara, very entertaining :). I've not watched the TSHOOT nuggets yet so will probably do a 24 hour subscription this weekend and get them watched. I wanna watch the new vSphere 5 one for work as well.

Is there any new stuff or is it really just fixing stuff covered in route and switch? I'm debating doing it quickly (i.e. a week or two) while my switch stuff is still hot and just need to review route.

8. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations! How hard was it? :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
    Cunningfox likes this.
  9. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Cheers :). It wasn't as bad as Route but still a bit tricky. As long as you know the book and can implement the stuff in the book it's fine.

10. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congratulations:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
    Cunningfox likes this.
  11. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Congratulations! I'm far off that route yet but would be looking to start on CISCO stuff next year may be after more experience.

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
    Cunningfox likes this.
  12. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Which book did you use? I have the Foundation Learning book laying around but it's a bit dull imho :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  13. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

There is some new stuff in there, but at the same time i thought the same about doing it quickly but wasnt really sure! I have decided to do the exam near xmas which gives me just over a month to watch the videos, read the books and make sure im ready.

It does look mainly the stuff we would have done in route and switch when you created your labs and it didnt work so you had to fault find it!! :biggrin

the exam itself looks very cool! (in a geeky way) :oops:

jon

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  14. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Cisco press official guides only for this and the portable command guide for reference. For CCNA the Sybex book (I think) was the book everyone reccommended but for CCNP I've only heard that the Cisco press are better. I tried some question sets from other sources but they were generally rubbish.

I've got two dates in mind before xmas, so will be either 25th Nov or 7th Dec. I want this all done and dusted by xmas. Two things obscuring it are MW3 and my brothers wedding in Dec. Purely from an cert view both annoyingly distracting. Hopefully be able to hit it hard this and next weekend.