Good jobsites and recruitment agencies in the uk

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Teebor, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

I had a poke around and couldn't see this sort of information in one place so forgive me if it is.

But I was thinking it might be a good idea to start a thread with recommended job sites for different certifications to make finding a new employer easier?

For example, I usually root around on monster for helpdesk type jobs as they are really good for those (and it seems to some extent programming). However I do find them not so good for cisco qualifications.

However I find a recruitment agencies like computer people to be very good if you have a Microsoft qualification but not so hot to do anything for you to find you a position.

Just an idea, and again sorry if I missed this somewhere else on the forums

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well there's been debate in the past and perhaps recruiters are not viewed in a particularly good light (tho' there are good and bad it has to be said). From my own experience over the last 6 months I've not been particularly impressed with very many so I'm biased.

The other problem with listing recruiters and their sites is that some are very regional whilst others can be international. The larger firms also have regional offices and from my experience they don't tend to talk to each other so we could end up with an extremely long list. I tend to stick to some main ones and have email lists of jobs sent thru' based on search criteria. A lot of the sites allow different recruiters to list vacancies so this way you're covering most bases.

My list includes :

hayes.co.uk
    reed.co.uk
    friendsreunitedjobs.co.uk
    cwjobs.co.uk
    purelyit.co.uk
    theitjobboard.co.uk
    jobsite.co.uk
    planetrecruit.co.uk
    totaljobs.co.uk
    monster.co.uk
    cv-library.co.uk
    jumptojobs.co.uk

That will give you cover for most stuff. Hayes will try to get you to use their iprofile.co.uk site which I've found to be awful as when you upload your cv it doesn't seem to save half of it.

Other points I've noted are that most of the recruiters will load your cv onto their own database so it depends how they search it. It also doesn't hurt to make small changes and re-upload to sites just so it stays "fresh".

I'm sure others on here will have their say too. PM me if you wnat any other details of ones I've tried.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

4. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  5. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

I see what you mean, I never really thought of it that way.

Perhaps it would be too big and unmanageable.

Thanks for your list though :) maybe if people more recommend a site/company they have had good luck with

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL