Good cheap webhosting?

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by alexdc12, Feb 22, 2011.

1. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Need a good cheap webhost. startin out in freelance work and created a site on a free host which was all good till i had site up and running. now its rubbish can never connect to ftp and page takes days to load for some visitors!
    looking at freevirtualservers but i can ttransfer my current domain away until 7/2 but i can change the nameservers
    any ideas
    thanks

want the ability to install wordpress on it

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I use fasthosts for all mine - my domains, webhosting, and i have a virtual server with them - never had any problems. i think my server has been running for about 160 days without any downtime.

fairly decent on price too

edit: not sure if i'm breaking rules saying who i use as hosting etc, if so i duly accept a slap on the wrist and a telling off!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

thanks found one now, vidahosts £18 for the year :D

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Just a reminder, you get what you pay for.

I personally use 1and1 and they have been really good.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. mtalk

mtalk New Member

I use Webhost.uk.net great customer support and good uptime, prevously I did try UK2 but had a hard time with there support, been with webhost UK for a year now and happy.

7. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

i dont want a lot! :D
    they seem ok its 1 million times better then the free one i was using, it was a real nihtmare tying to connect to ftp took hours sometimes!

8. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

I use Tsohost no probs! Been with them at least 3 years. :) Good friendly company, support is ace. :)

http://www.tsohost.co.uk/ cheapest package £14.99 a year

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  9. webtalk

webtalk New Member

affordable and quality = shopaserver.com , I found them excellent in price and performance.

10. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

1and1 is good, but when the website is not popular I would recommend nearlyfreespeech.net. you pay there only for data transfer. nobody visits my page so on August 2010 I did topup for 10$ and it still works (I am below 1$ now)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  11. GJoshua

GJoshua New Member

Hello, There are many web hosting companies are available in the internet world. It is hard to tell which one is the best web hosting company. I think the company will provides the best services in the reasonable prices are good. You should try the 000webhosting they provides free web hosting.

Goodluck,
    Regards,
    Joshua Grasmick

12. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

I used 000webhosting to start with and it was a nightmare took forever to connect via ftp to upload files etc but what do you expect for a free service! thats why i got paid hosting now.

13. Tinov

Tinov New Member

Yes, I tried 000webhosting and it was problematic. Have been using the free package at 50webs for a while, seems okay but is only free for a year.

14. stacy_kodani

stacy_kodani New Member

My sincere advise is - do not use free web hosting. They are either not reliable (frequently down and bad customer/technical support) or limited in features.