Good Afternoon All

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by shadowwebs, May 26, 2010.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Good Afternoon All,

I am new to this, registered a couple of days ago and just verified now with my email so am looking forward to getting to know the site and many of you in the coming future.

Living in the UK all my life, working in IT for the last few years but without any actual qualifications so I have been learning as I go, some would say this is the best way and others would say it's the cheating way of life. I did always prefer to self teach myself in everything but now I am finding it harder to do at the age of 28 and so maybe it is better that I start to get those Certificates filling up.

That is a bit of an insight into who I am.... ask anything you like.

What advice would everyone have for me?

Shadowwebs

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

First bit of advice that I can give:

Certs aren't a race, certify in what you can do...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. shadowwebs

thanks for the tip Ken, if I was going to say MCDST or A+ which would you recommend to start with?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Either would be fine, but I'd recommend starting with the A+, moving on to Network+, then the MCDST.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. shadowwebs

I am thinking about doing the ECDL and Advanced very fast and then jump on to A+ at my local college in Leicester