Gone for so long I feel like a new member again!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by derkit, Dec 14, 2009.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllooooooooooooo all!

Long time no see, well virtually I suppose - hope everyone is tickety boo and all that festive cheeryness. After a substantially long break I have returned to darken your doors once more and hopefully this time to stay a bit longer!

According to my profile my last visit was on 12th May - hmmmm, where did the last 6 months go to! I'm just popping in to say hi and to rejoin again.

Well, I'm on post 999 - have to think of something inspirational for my 1000th I guess..... probably will waste it like what I remember of my 18th and 21st birthday! :D

What have I been doing - well, since the start of the year I've been doing 2 Open Uni courses at the same time - one of which DMarsh I think was doing also - well, both are completed and I'm about 4 days away from finding out the result. My girlfriends dad was seriously ill at the start of the year which took plenty of time up but has recovered probably 90% which is the best we think we'll see. Both of us unfortunately lost a uni friend to cancer at the end of May - he had been battling it for about 3 1/2 years - he died just before his 25th birthday which always puts any difficulties we have the rest of the time in perspective.

I've moved house, so from a one-bed first-floor flat to a two-bed ground floor maisonette with a garden - still renting as it would be a foolish move to anything but at the moment - but have been here since August. Spent 2 weeks chilling in the Dominican Republic - wow, what a great time, and for a pale-skinned white guy, I've still got the tan on my legs :D unless thats dirt :oops:

Oh, and most importantly, in respect to this site - I passed my Network+ in May - some score like 830.

So a busy old time, thought I'd do a general update - and now spend the next 30 hours reading through the forum and see whats going on!

Hope the regulars are all good - and welcome all those newbies - lots of them!

cheers 8)

Edit: Oh I forgot - I'm now also MBCS :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Welcome back m8 ! :biggrin

Glad to see anothe in the BCS family :p We have a forum for professional bodies now :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome back to CF Derkit, glad to know you are still in the game 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome back, and congrats on passing the Network+.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the greets gents - glad to be back :-)

Decided to waste my 1000th post elsewhere in the forums - doesn't matter - here's to the next 1000!

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome back Derek good to see you around again :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

cheers mate 8)

8. miflandia

miflandia Byte Poster

Hi from the neighborhood.

(I got two types of memory, from dom, rep.
    first: I can not forget8)
    Second: I can not recall:twisted:)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. engeslamcom

engeslamcom Bit Poster

welcome back derkit
    happy to see you

sorry to hear about your uni friend
    i wish you to be fine and your girlfriend

congratulations on passing N+

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  10. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome back! I too am recently back after doing some courses at the OU - mine was a certificate, moving house (also renting)splitting with my gf and losing my father to cancer. I am getting back on the certification trail big time and look forward to the time I can say that I have written my 1000th post on here. Chat to you soon.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc