Going to book Hardware Exam in 2 weeks....

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fanatical, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

:eek: i'm bricking it know. I set a personal deadline of at least having the Hardware Exam under my belt by mid april and it seems to have crept up rather stealthly.

But I don't think I'm ready. I'm a hell of a lot better equipped than I was even 2 weeks ago as I'm studying ever second I can at work and at home and a lot of stuff is becoming clearer but I'm still finding questions I think I should know a challenge. Mostly it's stuff like levels of Cache or Through Put speeds for devices and which bits of laser printers do what.

The actual what's wrong bits I'm at least at the 80%+ mark which is something.

Plus I think I'm terrible at the OS bits of the exam. Even playing about with bits and pieces doesn't seem to be going in and I wanted the OS done before june 1st....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

It sounds like your working hard at it so you should be fine mate!

There are a lot of little bits to remember like you've said, I've written each different CPU on a little notepad, so just read through them over and over, it sinks in eventually! Perhaps worth a try for yourself.

Keep up the hard work and you'll sail through :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Good luck mate :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

good stuff, good luck man.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Booked the date, so at 10am on thursday I'd like you all to pray for me....

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Good luck mate! :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sending up the prayers for ya. [​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Good Luck Fanatical:thumbleft

I 'm sure you will be fine, If you have been following some of the advice on the forum and the advice given in your thread Motivation. You should be OK.

The 1st exam is always the hardest, not the content but the experience, not knowing what to expect8)

Which books and exam testing prep software are you using?8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

been using the meyers all-in-one plus any bits and pieces I've come across. I'm getting pretty much around the 80% mark and with a few days of cramming left I'm sure I've got all the major bases covered. I probably just need to remember all the CPU stuff and the throughput speeds of devices/busses and that'll do me.

Just wish I could see how they phrased the questions as I'm tripping over some of the wording in the practice tests I've done...

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Have you tried VPN Exam test prep software?

They offer a demo version for A+ hardware and software and the price for the full thing is on $25.

It gives you an excellent feel for what the exam will be like and you get use to reading how the question are written:biggrin

I found it invaluable for pointing out your weakness and providing a study guide to strengthen your weak spots.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. mbr2

mbr2 Bit Poster

Fanatical i'm sure you will be fine & good luck.:D
    I found that the time flew by, but i finished with 10 minutes to spare.
    I used ExamCram2 A+ 2nd Ed to pass, the best £24 i've ever spent.

The worst bit is the survey at the end of the exam, i really cant remember what the questions were, i just wanted the result!

Certifications: ECDL & A+
    WIP: CCNA