Global standards for IT professionals

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Global standards for IT professionals

The International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) has set up a Task Force to look at building an IT profession of international standing. BCS is co-sponsoring this programme which mirrors its own professionalism initiative. The first newsletter is available from IFIP.

Previously known under the working name of I3P, the IFIP International Professional Practice Partnership is a global programme to promote professionalism in IT, define international standards and create a global infrastructure that will encourage and support the development of both practitioners and employer organisations. Recognition will be given to those who meet and maintain the required standards for knowledge, experience, competence and integrity.

The first IP3 Certification will be the “gold standard” International IT Professional - IITP.

IITP will be available through accredited IFIP member societies who have a Professional qualification. The Partnership will provide support to member societies by providing guidelines for accreditation, and marketing materials to promote IITP and other IP3 products in their region.

To read the news letter (.pdf) see here, to go to their homepage, click here.

-Ken

p.s. So what does this mean for the CITP which is the "Gold standard" for IT Professionals? :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments