Glastonbury!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by skulkerboyo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Whos going then?

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Nope. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Bobwin

Bobwin New Member

Definately GOING this year Wahooo!!!!!

I have been a couple of times before. last time was about 5 or 6 years ago. Always a great weekend loads to see and do

4. skulkerboyo

Its never rained whenever I've gone so heres hoping.

cant wait to see Rolf Harris:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

....seriously?

*facepalm*

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. skulkerboyo

Nah but I have a firend who's even knocked up a fake third leg

I'm thinking of going in mexican wrestler get up or reprising the farmer hick look I had at teh last festival I went to

As for bands I'm not too fussed. Madness and the specials would be good. I'm more into the after midnight stuff that goes on

7. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I'm going mate, heading down early nex Thursday. It was on my list of things to do before I hit the big 3 0 later this year.

Truth be told, I'm not even sure of the line up, just want to go for the experience. :biggrin

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  8. skulkerboyo

Yeah I know its odd but I'm not that hellbent on seeing any of the bands really. Bruce Springsteen and Blur dont really grab me by the goolies though I used to be a blur fan.

I'm actually stewarding there as well so that should keep me out of trouble. I'll be working in the area called shangri la on the response team. I only have to work 3 shifts over the whole weekend then get to enjoy the rest of it for free. Look for a heavily tattoed man in either dungarees and a straw hat or mexican wrestler mask. Maybe even leather trousers and gas mask. Depends how adventurous I'm feeling

9. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hah, I'd love to have to explain that to my mates if I get talking to you pal :eek:

I too will be sporting a straw cowboy hat I think (we've got some hat theme on the go for some reason). I have no idea what to expect frmo the weekend, bloody looking forwar dot it but moderately scared in case I peak too early

10. skulkerboyo

I'll adopt a war cry of "COCKLES"

its impossible to seem like a mad person at glastonbury. Theres always someone who'll out do you

For additional help with identifying me I. be with a really tall dark haire girl probably wearing a red evening dress and a very very small hat. Oh and a blonde midget will be with us. Well she's not really midget but at 4 foot 11 its gotta be a close call

11. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Just took a look at the lineup, some bloody good stuff, plenty of acts too that you don't really like, but feel like you have to see, like Tom Jones, or the Quo

I imagine you could probably find me wherever Lily Allen or Lady Gaga are though :biggrin, screaming abuse at them

12. skulkerboyo

Yeah my girlfriend wants to go and throw eggs at lilly allen. Waste of a good egg in my books

Shame the Wurzels arent playing . . .or are they????

Easy all stars are playing early on friday and sunday I think. Hopefully they'll be doing their cover of dark side of the moon

Despite being primarily a blues and metal fan I'll go see the scratch perverts

Spinal tap are a must see

Ooh I'm getting all excited

13. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I never got the thing with Festivals, why pay a frankly outlandish fee for one of two bands across a three day period that I would like to see, when paying to see them individually is much cheaper... :blink

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. skulkerboyo

I see your point but a good festival is about so much more than the two or three bands that you like. Give it a go

But if you want to talk about freakishly outlandish. To see Metallica in march I not only had to fork out silly money for tickets but including hotel and transport, food etc spent the best part of 400 quid:blink

Depends on the bands you want to see I guess. Some of the bands that played download this year were so good I'd have happily paid silly money on reflection

Look on it as high spirited camping with live bands and the odd rave

Not everyones cup of tea granted

15. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

It's not even so much about the bands, there is a lot more going on besides. For me, it's mainly the experience of staying in a field with my mates in teh sunshine (hopefully), getting smashed on local cider and meeting new people. Whizzer!!!

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Don't underestimate The Quo live, they can pump out a rock beat like no other band 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

So I hear BR, I've already got my thumbs firmly inserted in my belt loops to rock out to them :D

18. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hahaha i can actually picture that :git

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)