Gizza job

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Cali, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Cali

Cali New Member

I finished my Cerco training over 6 weeks ago and still waiting for a job and I'm up in Leeds which is supposed to be the I.T. centre of the north. Not a happy bunny but I'm hoping someone here will tell me they felt the same when they finished but are now in the job of their dreams. I hope I haven't wasted my money.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings and welcome to CertForums. Do you have any experience in your chosen profession? If not, remember that you are competing with people who also have the training you have *plus* are experienced at using the technology.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Also depends on what kind of jobs you're applying for. Employers looking for people with experience will most always pass up someone with training and no experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome, I'll echo what has already been said, you won't just walk into a job if you have no experience at all. 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. stevea

stevea New Member

You have wasted your money, I finished their fast track course over two months ago and haven't heard a peep out of them since. I self studied for the A+ and N+ and already managed to get some contract work with Capito. Spent about £6,000 with Cerco....no job. A couple of hundred on self study.....got job. I guess you've already done the math!

Certifications: HND, A+, N+
    WIP: Server+
  6. Cali

Cali New Member

:D I had an interview on Thursday with Banctec.
    Start Monday with their Dell home service division.
    Good money, training, and its the job I wanted to do.
    So they obviously think I cut the mustard and at 53 ended up as one of five (no not the Borg!!!) who were picked from 24 candidates.
    Happy is not the word as now I can put the worry of spending four grand on training behind me and concentrate on a career.
    Was it worth it? Yes because I now have the job I wanted.
    But it was my first interview and I was lucky that my face fit. Could have been another story.
    Cheers guys.

7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Well done Cali - a happy ending! Hope all goes well for you!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Congrats on the job. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Well done and best of luck in the new job!

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  12. Pete_leeson

Pete_leeson New Member

I finished the course on the 17th August and found it to be brilliant, I was taught everything I needed to know and more. I found all the staff and instructors to be more than helpfull and to top it all off I started work with Fujitsu the following monday on £21K and that was all down to the recruitment team at Cerco. I have to say it was the best money I have ever spent. I would recommend it to anybody who is thinking of doing it as it has more than worked for me.