Getting up to exam speed for the 70-680

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by dazza007, Apr 23, 2013.

1. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Hello!
    Having completed studying the McLean and Thomas book I found that there are many questions on Measure UP that have not been covered by the book (or covered in sufficient detail)
    A few questions -
    Are there any other good solid study guides worth purchasing to get me up to the true 70-680 level? (Amazon has quite a few reviews on 70-680 books not covering all the content)
    The second question is- My plan is to complete the labs in the book is this sufficient to get me up to a level ready for the exam?

Thanks
    D

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I think it's fair to say that the 680 is one of those exams where it is dangerous to practice off just one book. I would seek another guide and also delve into Technet.

And it's really, really important to lab like hell for that exam.

3. Grim-83

Grim-83 Nibble Poster

Hi Dazza, when I did this exam I used the Microsoft Press training kit & Pearson's Windows 7 portable command guide (which is great for all those command line needed for the exam). Another good study item is the free Professor Messor videos on YouTube.

Good luck when you sit your exam.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, MCTS 70-680, MTA 98-365, 98-366, 98-367
    WIP: CCENT / CCNA
  4. dazza007

dazza007 New Member

Thanks Ade- I have just put together a study plan for the suggested practices and the Case Scenarios
    The 70-680 is just one of those exams without a full study guide
    How about the official Microsoft course book;Zacker, Wiley Press or the Poulton book to compliment the McLean book ?