Getting N+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Phild87, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Phild87

Phild87 New Member

Hi,

I've started studying for N+ (using the Sybex book & various videos) it's all going fine so far but my company are sending me to college at the beginning of September so I really want to have passed my N+ before starting college. This made me think of maybe doing one of those 5 day course things, what do you guys think about them? Are the worth it? and do you really pick up much?

Thanks for any help

Phil

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :D

I am not sure on those 5 day courses but I'm sure some people on here will have done them.

Most people on here go for the self study route.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for self-study.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

++ my vote goes there too.

N+ isn't too difficult if you have some networking experience; even setting one up at home. Try looking at the Cram Session stuff, to see how familiar you are with it, and you'll get an idea of how much more study you need.

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with the fellas, self study wins my vote.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA