Get your dream job 77 Interview questions you may be asked.....

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Colloghi, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did do a quick search for the subject and the Link on here, but couldnt find anything related

I got passed this trainsignal link from a colleague at work and thought it might be useful for a few people, particular those trying to enter IT.

Titled "Get Your Dream IT Job! 77 Questions You Need to be Ready For". It features questions which may pop up in an interview and these questions are categorised in the following positions:

Entry Level or Help Desk, Network Administrator, and System Administrator.

There is also a section on general HR questions you may be asked, Salary expectations etc

This gives you a good indicator of the type of the type of questions you may be asked at an interview. Also if there are any questions you cant answer, no answers are supplied with ithe idea being you go away and research and understand the topic for each question, thus preparing you a little better for an interview.

Link below:)

http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/it-job-interview-questions/2008-04-16/

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. anbetophillip

anbetophillip Banned

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

It's a pity most of the comments are people asking for answers, rather than supplementary questions.
    I can't believe there are so many people willing to braindump interview questions. If you don't know most/all of the answers without research, you're not ready for the real thing.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Yeah its pretty sad, that people just dont want to learn.............and cry when they dont get the answers.

Kinda reminds me of someone at work. New Guy, flew through his interview and tech questions........Apparently use to work as a field engineer and on a IT Helpdesk doing support and AD stuff.

and knows **** all.........a couple of us guessed the first day he was lying on is CV

The other day after boasting, he used to do this and that with this laptop and this computer...........got stumped when someone gave him an issue with a roaming profile. He had never heard of one, didnt have a clue what one was............in fact all he needs is a clown costume.

and thats why braindumps dont help you at all:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

After having my first IT job for a few months I don't understand how braindumpers last more than a few weeks.

Maybe they think IT troubleshooting is like one of those colour by numbers books, i.e. any IT problem can be sorted by following a set of instructions so there's no point actually learning anything. Maybe they think there's such a small set of problems that you can learn everything in a few evenings dumping.
    Note to braindumpers--it isn't. Most of the problems I've been presented with aren't in any exams, but applying the knowledge gained while studying for the exams can quite often result in a fix rather than an escalation.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job