Get in !!! We're Now ELC Approved Woo Hoo!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cisco lab rat, Jul 6, 2010.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hello Interweb Chaps

After many, many months of hard graft during the application process the MoD have approved Commsupport to be eligible for the ELC scheme!!! (ELC 3306)

This means that we have been found competent and capable of training both current and ex-forces personnel under the ELC program, this means a huge amount of prestige for us (I even had a bath to celebrate, luke warm water only, no need to get carried away), I wanted to share this with the community.

Cheers

Joe

P.S Do I get any points for this, Boycie has now promised me a waffle maker when I get to 5,000:biggrin

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Does this mean you'll be teaching in full combat gear ? :eek:

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Richy19

Richy19 Bit Poster

congrats on this mate :D

btw care to explain what it means? xD

WIP: BTEC ND IT, CCENT, A+, N+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

ELC is the Elves Learning Cisco program.

Unfortunately, I'm not an Elf, so I can't participate. :dry

Please let me know when you get VLC eligibility going, k? :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Nice one.

However, on the downside it is a bit of a nightmare trying to actually get the cash from ELCAS. The normal turnaround from the student presenting their claim authorisation note to our company to it actually hitting the companies bank account is 60 days. It's not unusual for it to take 90 days or the claims to go missing.

It goes without saying but a keep a good record of the claims being sent.
    Another point to note is to make sure that students complete and return their evaluation forms. There was a big purge on the number of providers a few years back and all those with the lowest scores got the chop without warning. At one point we were the only provider on the list.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  6. Ubergeek

Ubergeek Bit Poster

I did a claim last year for a VMWare course and ELCAS were about as much use as a crotchless chastity belt. They kept "losing" the paperwork instead of sending it to HQ DETS(A). It took over a month of phonecalls to sort it out.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2K3
    WIP: VCP, MCSE 2K3 (Security)