General Question on MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by adrees_h, Jun 27, 2008.

1. adrees_h

adrees_h New Member

Hi All

I am new to this web forum.

I just wanted some general information about the MCDST.

I am looking to take the 070-271 exam, but I cannot find any conditions regarding the exam.

I wanted to know the following:
    - Type of questions in the exam, if they are multiple choice or simulation type question
    - Time given for the exam
    - How many questions would they ask in the exam

If anyone has any information, then could you please let me know.

Many Thanks

Adrees..

Certifications: BSc (Hons), CCNA
    WIP: MCDST
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

First of all welcome to CF.

The questions in the exam will be based on http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-271.mspx

The exams are multiple choice or they can be where would a User click to do 'X' and you will be given a screenshot to click.

The time for the exam is 2 hours and 15 mins intotal. This includes the time to read the MS disclaimers and how to take the exam.

The number of questions varies could be as little as 40 or could be 50.

Hope this helps.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. adrees_h

adrees_h New Member

Hi Mate

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

I was just wondering whether you need all that time.

When I did my CCNA, they only gave me 90mins and I had 50-60 question including multiple choice and simulation type questions.

I was also wondering on the MCDST (070-271) exam does it allow you to go through your answers? as the CCNA never let you go to previous questions to look them over.

Thanks

Adrees..

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yep, you can go back over answers whenever you want during the exam.

Also, you are able to 'tick' questions for review at the end.

When you get to the end of the exam you can then review the questions you have marked for review.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. adrees_h

adrees_h New Member

Thanks for the info mate..

It has helped me out a lot, at least now I know what to expect. Looking to take the exam end of July.

So fingers crossed.

Thanks once again..