General MS Exam Question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by russellbain, Jun 2, 2008.

1. russellbain

russellbain New Member

I am sitting exam 74-130 Pre-installing Microsoft Products and Technologies this week. I have read and understand all of the material on the following page,

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/74-134.mspx

Everything seems fine, notes are well laid out easy to take in, but when I go to sit the practice exams i notice that there is a lot of questions that are not covered in the materials? Is there anyone who has sat this exam and can recommend good materials to read over and can anyone tell me if the practice exams on the MS website are usually a lot tougher than the final exam?

Thanks in advance

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I think you miss the point of the page, these are usually meant to give an outline of the skills, and what areas of knowledge regarding the various microsoft products you will need to be familiar with, not as a complete study guide.

THis should be supplemented with books (Such as mspress, sybex, exam crams and more), CBTs(computer based training videos) and actual experience with the product.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal