Fujitsu Laptop won't power up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chrissy3634, Aug 18, 2008.

1. chrissy3634

chrissy3634 New Member

My dog jumped up at me and I dropped a coffee mug ( empty) on the Laptop. :(
    It won't stay on now! If I press hard on the computer just below the keyboard, the computer powers up and occasionally the screen comes on but as soon as the pressure is released it turns off. I have tried it with and without battery with the same results. I have looked at the parts which can be accessed easily and everything looks ok to my untrained eye. The computer is 4 years old but still looks in A1 condition and more than suitable for my needs. Does this sound like an repairable fault which may not cost an arm and a leg? I don't know it its worth claiming on insurance ( £75 excess) Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

Chrissy

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Try leaving upside down on the lcd screen and keyboard over night on a table, then give it a clean with a soft cloth in the morning and try it then. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

It would be nice if you go and introduce yourself in the introduction new members section, welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. chrissy3634

chrissy3634 New Member

Many Thanks - will try that and let you know

Regards

Chrissy

5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If you spill coffee on your laptop.

My favourite quick fix is called the airing cupboard. :)

If that doesn't work (if it was me) I'd take it apart and check and clean individual components... under the keyboard etc.

EDIT - The coffee cup was empty?! I really need to RTFQ. My apologies. I'm leaving the above there because I like to feel that I've contributed... even if its in a totally incorrect way. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

Any luck with it?
    sounds like a loose connector