From the UK

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by skellum, May 17, 2013.

1. skellum

skellum New Member

Hi all,

I'm currently doing CCNA & will probably follow on with VMware after that.

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Short and sweet intro! Lol. Welcome aboard!

You sitting the old or the new CCNA syllabus!?!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Welcome :D

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  4. skellum

skellum New Member

I'm sitting the 640-802 exam because I had already invested significant self study effort in the old syllabus when they introduced the new.

It makes sense to do so because I don't think anyone really knows what the exams will be like for the new syllabus which makes preparation difficult.

5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Fair enough, I'm similar, really need to get it done and dusted as dont wanna have to learn all the new syllabus etc! You got your exam date setup yet? Or still just doing the study etc?

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  6. skellum

skellum New Member

I sat on 17th but I failed. I'm awaiting response from Pearson Vue because the exam was interrupted for 14 minutes by a fire alarm. I got 801 points out of a required 825 & still had 10 or 11 questions to go when the exam finished. I raised a complaint with the test centre and got a incident number so I think I have followed the correct procedures but there is no info on Cisco's site on what their policy is for incidents of this nature. Their policy only mentions computer problems.

7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see you here.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

Hi and welcome to the forums, Skellum!

I'm hoping to start studying for the CCNA later this year, and maybe go for the certification early next year. Got a couple of MCTS on my list to squeeze in first though before Microsoft retires them.

Good luck on the re-sit for CCNA!

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA