Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Mr.Cheeks, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I heard so much about these scams but no one has ever sent me an invite... until now :twisted:

-----------------------

La Rue De Saint Jean,
    Triechville Abidjan
    Cote D'Ivoire (Old Ivory Coast)

(VERY URGENT BUSINESS TRANSACTION)

IN ORDER TO TRANSFER OUT (USD 45.5 MILLION DOLLARS) FROM OUR BANK, I HAVE THE COURAGE TO ASK YOU TO LOOK FOR A RELIABLE AND HONEST PERSON WHO WILL BE CAPABLE FOR THIS IMPORTANT BUSINESS BELIEVING THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN EITHER NOW OR IN FUTURE.

I AM MR.MUTAMBA ADAMU.THE EASTERN DISTRICT BANK MANAGER OF ONE OF BANK HERE IN COTE D IVOIRE, THERE IS AN ACCOUNT OPENED IN THIS BANK IN 1980 AND SINCE 1990 NOBODY HAS OPERATED ON THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN, AFTER GOING
    THROUGH SOME OLD FILES IN THE RECORDS I DISCOVERED THAT IF I DO NOT REMITT THIS MONEY OUT URGENTLY IT WILL BE FORFEITED FOR NOTHING.

THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS MR. SMITH B. ANDREAS, A FOREIGNER, AND THE MANAGER OF PETRO - TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES, A CHEMICAL ENGINEER BY PROFESSION AND HE DIED SINCE 1990, NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT OR ANY THING CONCERNING IT, THE ACCOUNT HAS NO OTHER
    BENEFICIARY AND MY INVESTIGATION PROVED TO ME AS WELL THAT THIS COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW NYTHING ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT AND THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS (USD 45.5 MILLION DOLLARS).

I WANT TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY INTO A SAFE FOREIGNERS ACCOUNT ABROAD BUT I DON'T KNOW ANY FOREIGNER, I AM ONLY CONTACTING YOU AS A FOREIGNER BECAUSE THIS MONEY CAN NOT BE APPROVED TO A LOCAL BANK HERE, BUT CAN ONLY BE APPROVED TO ANY FOREIGN ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE MONEY IS IN US DOLLARS AND THE FORMER OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT IS MR. SMITH B. ANDREAS IS A FOREIGNER TOO.

I KNOW THAT THIS MASSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A URPRISE AS WE DON'T KNOW OUR SELVES BEFORE, BUT BE SURE THAT IT IS REAL AND A GENUINE BUSINESS,I ONLY GOT YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS FROM THE COMPUTER WITH BELIEVE IN GOD
    THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN IN THIS BUSINESS YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT I HAVE CONTACTED IN THIS BUSINESS, SO PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY SO THAT I WILL INFORM YOU THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE URGENTLY.

I WANT US TO SEE FACE TO FACE OR SIGN A BINDING AGREEMENT TO BIND US TOGETHER SO THAT YOU CANRECIEVE THIS MONEY INTO A FORIEGN ACCOUNT OR ANY ACCOUNT OF YOUR CHOICE WHERE THE FUND WILL BE REMMITTED, AND I WILL FLY TO YOUR COUNTRY FOR WITHDRAWAL AND SHARING AND OTHER INVESTMENTS.
    I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE OF THE NEED TO INVOLVE A FOREIGNER WITH FOREIGN ACCOUNT AND FOREIGN BENEFICIARY.

BECAUSE THE MANAGEMENT IS READY TO APPROVE THIS PAYMENT TO ANY FOREIGNER WHO HAS CORRECT INFORMATION OF THIS ACCOUNT, WHICH I WILL GIVE TO YOU LATER IMMEDIATELY, IF YOU ARE ABLE AND WITH CAPABILITY TO HANDLE SUCH AMOUNT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE AND TRUST ACCORDING TO MY INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE FOR OUR MUTUAL BENEFIT BECAUSE THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

A NEED TRUTHFUL PERSON IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO MAKE MISTAKE I NEED YOUR STRONG ASSURANCE AND TRUST. WITH MY POSITION NOW IN THE OFFICE I CAN TRANSFER THIS MONEY TO ANY FOREIGNERS RELIABLE ACCOUNT WHICH YOU CAN PROVIDE WITH ASSURANCE THAT THIS MONEY WILL BE INTACT PENDING MY PHYSICAL ARRIVAL IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR SHARING OF THE MONEY,AND I WILL DESTROY ALL DOCUMENTS OF TRANSACTION IMMEDIATELY WE RECIEVE THIS MONEY LEAVING NO TRACE TO ANY PLACE.

YOU CAN ALSO COME TO DISCUSS WITH ME FACE TO FACE AFTER WHICH I WILL MAKE THIS REMITTANCE IN YOUR PRESENCE AND TWO OF US WILL FLY TO YOUR COUNTRY AT LEAST TWO DAYS AHEAD OF THE MONEY GOING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT,
    I WILL APPLY FOR ANNUAL LEAVE TO GET VISA IMMEDIATELY I HEAR FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE READY TO ACT AND RECEIVE THIS FUND IN YOUR ACCOUNT.I WILL USE MY POSITION AND INFLUENCE TO EFFECT LEGAL APPROVALS AND ONWARD TRANSFER OF THIS MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT WITH APPROPRIATE CLEARANCE FORMS OF THE MINISTRIES AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE DEPARTMENTS.

AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS BUSINESS, YOU WILL BE GIVEN 20% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT, 75% WILL BE FOR ME, WHILE 5% WILL BE FOR EXPENSES BOTH PARTIES MIGHT HAVE INCURED DURING THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERING.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR EARLIEST.

YOURS TRULY,

MR.MUTAMBA ADAMU.

2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Sign me up! What's his email address?:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

4. Mr.Cheeks

5. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

I get bloody hundreds of e-mails/calls about these things every week!! As they like to quite often put the name of the bank holding the funds in the e-mail (and I work for a bank) they contact us asking if its real and can they have the money now please.....
    Whatever happened to common sense?

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  6. Mr.Cheeks

whats the age group?

7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

also the hair colour and gender, out of stereotypical curiosity?

Finding addys to reply to, that's fun. Whenever I get scam eBay emails, I always try to find the site they're leeching off. Normally, they're Russian, but if they're States/UK based, I always fire off an email or two :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - I love these things.

In fact, I set up an experiment less than a month ago to see how many 419 scammers I could attract by posting on a few well-known 'mugu' messageboards. End result?

Well, in less than one month, after posting on only five messageboards, I have received over 600 separate 419 scam emails.

[​IMG]

The best ones by far are the ones where they try and con you into thinking their scams are real by providing 'evidence' - check out the ridiculous fake passport in this one:

[​IMG]

And the bizarre 'gemstone sizing chart' shown here:

[​IMG]

Incidentally, if you fancy scamming some of these people yourself to waste their time, check out this site for hints and tips (or just a good laugh)

Always beware - use a free web-based mail account, don't ever use any account where any of your real identity can be traced and, if you can, go through an anonymous proxy. The chances of one of these buttnuggets actually turning up on your doorstep are pretty remote, but its always wise to take precautions!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yikes Zeb :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. Baba O'Riley

I forget the name of the site now, but there was an article on El Reg about it. This site (might have been 419baiter, might not have been), convinced one of these guys he had a bite on the line and actually carved a full size wooden replica of a Commodore Amiga. Somthing to do with an art scholarship I think.:D

By the way, that passport is excellent, I love the way the text isn't even straight!:D

11. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

No real defining group as far as I can tell, the enquiries come from all ages and creeds. You get the odd one that believes it and just wants the money now but we tend to get more queries from people just trying to confirm if it's a genuine e-mail.

I did read a good baiting article at Something Rotten a while back, the level of surrealism that pervaded the thread was truly a sight to behold.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

zeb nice experiment, we never really know whats goiin out there somtimes

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Was it this one?

http://www.419eater.com/

I love this website!

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  14. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I did receive one fairly recently, similar sort of thing, but it was appealing to some guy (can't remember his name) who was the first Nigerian in space. They shot him up there about 1987, but they run out of funds for a return rocket, so would I be kind enough to donate $50,000 to help build a return rocket to get him home. In return, I'd get a chunk of his astronaught salary which was in the millions after gaining interest.

Apparenly, the astronaught was in good spirits, but would quite like to come home now

Had to leave the office through laughing

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  15. Baba O'Riley

Absoulutely superb! Anyone falling for that one deserves to lose their money.:D