Friends help me :(

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by webaccess2007, Oct 18, 2007.

1. webaccess2007

webaccess2007 New Member

I got my A+ and 70-282 already. And i am prepaired for security+ exam too. Few days back someone told me if i wanna take MCSE 2003 Security then there is no use for my 70-282 cert anymore. I tried to figure things out from microsoft.com but i am completly lost. Friends please let me know what are the exams that people usually take to acieve MCSE 2003 Security. Thanks in advance:cry:

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What??? 70-282 has nothing to do with security... it deals with administering networks for small businesses... and therefore, it's STILL useful even if you get the MCSE: Security certification. Whoever told you that *really* doesn't know what he/she's talking about.

That said, you need to have real-world IT experience before pursuing the MCSE: Security certification. What's your IT background?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Agreed, while the 70-282 isn't required for the MCSE: S, it is still very useful cert to have (it gives you a good basis to build upon for your other exams). Remember the MCSE/MCSA series of exams are professional exams and should be taken to reflect/validate your job role and responsibilities.

To see what exams count for the MCSE: S see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. webaccess2007

webaccess2007 New Member

Guys i am little confused with that chart. I guess once i finish the below exams i will be an MSCE with security specialization. Friends correct me if i am wrong.

Exam 70–290
    Exam 70–291
    Exam 70–293
    Exam 70–294
    Exam 70–270
    Exam 70-298
    Exam 70-299
    CompTIA Security+

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you mean the 70-282 cert isn't on a direct track for MCSE + Security, that may be so, but the knowledge you gained in terms of administering small to medium sized business networks is hardly worthless. Not everyone works in an enterprise environment and the SMB space is just full of opportunities in terms of server infrastructure administration.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Correct :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Exactly. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!