Free way to get your M365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate and/or Teams Voice Engineer

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

We all like free, don't we? I've come across an interesting certification path (just in time, as we are looking at cloud-based telephony next year for our organisation), anyway...

Microsoft is offering free learning events, including this one for Microsoft 365 Virtual Training Day: Enable Hybrid Work with Microsoft Teams. Which if you attend both live events, you get an exam voucher for the MS-700 (there are other days). Passing this will net you the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate.

Then Microsoft is running it's Cloud Skills Challenge, where one of the exams you can take (if you complete the challenge) is the MS-720 which when combined with the MS-700 leads to the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Voice Engineer Expert.

Enjoy (hopefully I've included all the links) :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    Sparky and JK2447 like this.
  2. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Thanks Ken. Free is definitely our favourite price :hurrah:

I think Microsoft is easily up there when it comes to free education material. Google have been smashing it lately too. I’ve not seen much from the others

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Kitkatninja likes this.
  3. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good find – have been interested in using Teams as the full voice solution at work and ditching the phone system. Maybe one day! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    Kitkatninja and JK2447 like this.
  4. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Is VOIP still a profession that people get into? I remember having the choice at one stage to go server or voip and I almost went that way

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Kitkatninja likes this.
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I presume so, especially with BT planning to switch off all functionality for analogue phone lines. But that's more for the telecoms guys... For us IT guys, I guess it would fall under unified comms :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  6. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

As mentioned probably falls under unified comms.

I’ve been installing phone systems for many years as it has fallen under the responsibility of the IT department with the shift to IP phone systems.

Other than setting up the system (PBX) itself knowledge of VLANs, QoS and firewalls (port forwarding etc.) is essential to get the system fully configured and to have good voice call quality.

Some companies now are cutting back putting a physical phone on a desk – especially with hybrid working. Calls can be received into a softphone or an app on a mobile device.

Still want to test enterprise voice in Teams when I get the chance. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    JK2447 likes this.