Free training books...who wants them (in London)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by jiggy, Nov 8, 2008.

1. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

Hi guys and girls....

So Im moving abroad next week and after a big clean out Im nearly ready to go. I was cleaning out my cupboard and found some books that I thought people might like rather then throwing them away. I have the the following books as per the picture

[​IMG][​IMG]

If you want them you need to be able to pick them up from West London (Hammersmith area) either tomorrow or Monday morning and you have to take them all.

I would like these to go to a good home i.e. someone who is actually going to use them and not just flog them off to someone else. Any queries, PM me.

So...anyone interested??

Jiggy

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's
  2. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

no takers?

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd like them - but am not in a position to collect as I work in east London! :cry:

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

thats a shame. Oh well, its off to the bin then.

J

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You could just donate them to your local library or offer them to a used book store. At least that way, you'd be passing them on instead of just tossing them. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

or keep them for reference...
    ...you never know when you're gonna need them one day...

7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I wouldn't like to pay the extra handling to take those abroad with me! :biggrin

Like Trip says, maybe donate them to your local library, or at the very least a charity shop? I hate throwing books away, and their last 'home' is often the charitah shop.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

yeah, the wife suggested that I take the down to the library which hadnt really crossed my mind so am going to wander down there today and see if they want them. I really hate throwing books away....seems like such a waste.

J

9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

you are not throwing the books away, you are giving them to a good cause, and hopefully be expanded someone's knowledge to make that person a better tech.

10. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

no....I meant that I would have hated to throw them away into the bin....taking them to the library is a good idea and hopefully others can put them to good use.

11. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Where abouts in London are you?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't know how it is with libraries in the UK, but in my little corner of the world, the library has a bin marked "donations" so you can just anonymously put books there. I don't keep all the books I review but I'm not allowed to sell them, so my library occasionally gets some brand new tech books (the ones I don't want) for free. Naturally, I also donate copies of any books I write myself.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. Big Brotha

Big Brotha Bit Poster

I'm in Hammersmith today and would be interested in the books, I plan to do MCSA after I've completed my A+
    am I in time????