Free Practice Questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jayj, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Jayj

Jayj New Member

I am getting ready to start studying for the MCDST. Unfortunately I cannot afford to purchase any practice exams. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites or any place to get free practice exams. My current employer is requiring our department to get this certification; but since I am a contractor I do not get the training being offered to the full time employees. If I can get this cert now this will help me to get hired on full time. The full time associates are going through a five week training course before they even attempt taking the test. I want to get this cert before anyone else in department. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I thought that you were a college student?

Anyway, Free practice tests are something of a grey area. Those that are free are usually what are refered to as Brain Dumps. That is they are the actual exam questions taken from the exam vendor clearly breaking the Non Disclosure Agreement that you must agree to when taking the exam.

If it is found that you have used braindumps then you can have your certifications revoked.

Genuine exam test prep software costs money, but you usually get value for that money. Think about it, would you spend ages writing exam questions and then just give it away for free? No, neither would I. By far the most popular exam testing software recommended on these forums is the Transcender products.

If you genuinely can't afford to buy test prep software then I suggest that you take the exams objectives from the MS site and make sure that you are familliar with doing what is on them through actually spending the time using the product.

8)

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Allow me to add that it's not easy to write solid exam questions. I certainly wouldn't (and couldn't afford to) give away my craft for free.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If you take a look at the news section you'll see an article that takes you to a discount link for Examforce testpreps. Maybe a bit cheaper than Transcenders.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. cpgeek

cpgeek New Member

What I did when I took A+ Certification. I went to a public library in my area and borrowed a book. In the book there's a CD included that you can install in your computer and there are lots of stuff that you can use such as flash cards, practice test. But it is more useful if you read the book first before you take the freebies on the CD Rom. I don't know where are you located, I am here in the US but that's what I did. Maybe you can pay a visit to one of your local public library and look for some books. Most of them has a CD included not unless a patron stole it. Goodluck!

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: MCDST