Free PC Audit Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by AgentDRL, Jun 8, 2011.

1. AgentDRL

AgentDRL Nibble Poster

Hi All,

Have any of you used any PC auditing software to get info of all the kit connected to the network at all? The company that I have moved to does not have any asset management :ohmy, and with the building being huge I don't fancy walking around it visiting each PC/laptop (roughly 1,000) and getting serial numbers for each one (perhaps I'm just lazy :)). I've found Belarc Advisor, but that just does my laptop.

Any help greatly appreciated.

D

Certifications: ITIL v3, A+, Network+
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

You could knock something up in PowerShell to do what you need but if you decide to go down the Belarc Advisor route then don't be silly enough to post your report to the net ;)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I did something similar a couple of years ago with a bat file which queried data on the pc's and emailed the bits n bobs to me (using blat), I just deployed the bat through zenworks (last place was a novell shop). Powershell should be a bit neater.

I'll see if I can find the scripts somewhere I normally keep em for reference purposes.

Another thought if all the kit is connected to a domain, you could knock up a quick spiceworks install on a test server and get it to do a scan, that might work as well.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

We use a database which logs machines and users etc through SCCM, and also an access based db with a windows frontend platform for other things like printers and monitors etc

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud