Free MIT Courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by generic_eric, Sep 19, 2013.

1. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

So today I decided to have a quick look at the free online courses from MIT. I was looking more for personal development instead of a professional level however some of the courses on offer do seem quite good.

I understand that i will not get a recognised qualification from doing so but i am wondering if i should put any courses i have studied and taken the exams on my CV? would it make me look foolish or like someone who wants to better themselves but cannot afford to get properly qualified.

sam

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi some MIT courses do actually give you a certificate.. its value is debateable.. tbh I dont see why not put it on your CV.. all depends on how you word it. Im trying to find a MIT course which teaches HTML and CSS and cant find a darn thing

3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Coursera had a startup engineering course.
    Codeacademy
    Codeschool
    Pluralsight
    Lynda

then there is W3schools.

They all have lot stuff, learning resources for CSS and HTML are endless.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah I've used codecademy in the past but found it to be really buggy, I've started to use it again and it seems alot better, lynda looks promising to, think I will use codecademy and try to find a good book to read also

5. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

thanks chaps. will slowly work my way through some of the modules. even some of the non ict stuff looks interesting......