Free IT Training for the unemployed in Manchester

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Taz69, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

If anyone is interested there is funded training for IT individuals living in the Manchester area.

The available technical courses which I know of that are funded will lead to and include the exam for
    Comp TIA's Network+
    Microsoft's 70-210 or 70-270, followed by the 70-215
    and for those looking for Office certification there is the Microsoft Word & Excel MOS qualifications.

With the technical certs the Transcenders are provided at the end of the course for revision. The Network+ is a 2 week course, the MCPs 1 week courses and once you are ready for the exam the exam is included as well.

With each of the Microsoft Office courses the training material is also included as well as a weeks course with a chance to take either the Core or Expert exam on the last day if you wish. You can take the exam later if you want further study and the exam will still be funded when you are ready.

If want further details just click http://www.itbase.net/unemployedtraining.htm

The training is excellent and is exactly the same training that companies pay to send their employees on.

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Great info Taz, thanks. I know somebody who will jump at this. :smile-l

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

excuse my stupidity taz, but i am from manchester and i am unemployed so..:oops:.:blink . i cant find the what you mentioned on that site, which heading is it under. ive tried typing what i want in the search bar but it jus returns me back to certforums

Certifications: ecdl 1,2
    WIP: A+, mcse
  4. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

Original post is 4 years old mate - would be suprised if the information is still valid even if the link did still correspond with the thread......Good luck dude.

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  5. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

and i quote.."excuse my stupidity taz, but i am from manchester and i am unemployed so... .". ill check the date of the post next time eh!

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If I were you, I would go to any college and see if they do any courses (professional or academic) and if they give discounts to people who are unemployed. The college that I teach at in the evenings do give 100% discount on certain courses (including professional course like the A+, CCNA, MCP to MCSE) to people who are on:
    Council Tax Benefit
    Housing Benefit
    Job Seekers Allowance (IB)
    Income Support
    Working Tax Credit (income less than £15,050)
    Guarantee Pension Credit

Or if you're:
    Student aged 16-18
    or if it's you're first full level 2 qual

I've treied to attach a prospectus from the college as an example (it is available as a free download from here). See page 2, the "All about Fees" section and then see page 9, the professional IT courses section. Colleges in your area should, more or less, be very similar.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

this might sound a bit stupid ken mate, but i sincerely hope that i cant get 100% discount on the A+ that ive jus forked out 5k for:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:. cheers tho i look into it, if i dare.

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you can, I hope that you can get your money back.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

wow! What part of that costs 5k mate? I am shocked!

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  10. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

thats for A+, mcp then mcse. not jus the A+