Free CompTIA courses subsidised by LSC

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by The One Free Man, Oct 30, 2007.

1. The One Free Man

The One Free Man New Member

Hi there,

has anyone heard of those courses which allow you to do free A+ or N+ courses as the Learning skills council subsidise the courses, I have called around last year they were in vogue now this year i dunno what is exactely going on?

Certifications: BSc (Hons.)
    WIP: A+ Certifcation
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Sorry haven't heard of that (by that doesn't mean anything). The only thing that I've know of is if you're on one of these benfits:

CTB, HB, Jobseekers (IB), IS, WTC & Pensions Credit

You can get the courses for free at your local college - academic and professional (MS, Comptia, Cisco).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Learn direct offer the A+ as far as I know through the job centre at a college in Durham where you stay at untill the end of the course, but you must be unable to work through some sort of illness or unable to work because of the lack of skills to get it free. If you can't prove any of that then you have to pay full price and its not that far of a grand.

Have you thought about self study if finances are tight?

By that I mean you just get the relevant books then take the exams when ready.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?