Free Chapter: Cisco IOS IP Accounting Features

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Oct 26, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Free Chapter: Cisco IOS IP Accounting Features

IP Accounting is a very useful accounting feature in Cisco IOS, but it’s not as well known as other features, such as NetFlow. The fact that Cisco has considered replacing IP Accounting by adding new features to NetFlow potentially turns IP Accounting into a corner case solution. However, compared to NetFlow, IP Accounting offers some advantages that make it an interesting feature to investigate: easy results retrieval via a MIB and limited resource consumption. Furthermore, access-list accounting currently cannot be solved with the NetFlow implementation. Note that NetFlow recently added the export of the MAC address as a new information element. Refer to coverage of NetFlow Layer 2 and the Security Monitoring Exports feature in Chapter 7, “NetFlow.”

Read the rest and download the free chapter at CiscoPress.com.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. blueheaven
      blueheaven
      Hi, I got a job offer with a small public accounting firm. The firm do mostly Tax planning, and not much audit. I hope I can get a really good future by starting out my career in public accounting, I don't know why I think this way but I can tell you, finding a job in public accounting is ten times harder than finding a job in corporate private accounting. What is your opinion?
    2. simongrahamuk
      simongrahamuk
      Welcome bluehaven,

Congrats on getting your job, however this site is aimed at people who work, or aspire to work (for some daft reason) in IT.

If you intend to stay around here then why not introduce yourself in this forum.

8)