Free 70-270 Training from Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Bluerinse, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I don't know whether this has been posted before, I did do a search and looked around and I couldn't see anything :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you are studying for this exam, it might be worth checking out this link...

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerDetail.aspx?offerPriceId=60793

It's not often that Big Brother offer something for free.

Cheers,

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Well...I probably wouldn't call it "free". This is coupled with their second chance promotion. MS is offering a lure that they hope will bring in folks to try for their entry-level cert who otherwise might have put it off or not tested at all. Once people earn their MCP (they'll have a second free shot at the 210 or 270 or whatever cert they try for if they hose the first test), they are more likely to continue on the certification path.

MS isn't stupid and they certainly aren't generous. They expect a healthy return for what they are offering. I know...I sound pretty cynical and possessing MS certs isn't a bad thing, I just don't see that they are doing this out of their desire to help struggling techs earn their certs.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well yes, just a tad Trip :eek:

I just prefer to get something for nothing if at all possible. I don't care what their motives are to be honest, just so long as it is free!

I understand that this is related to the free exam offer but my take is that you can do this course and not have to participate in the other exam offer. I might have missed something though?

Could you clarify what you are saying please Jim?

Pete

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Just feeling a tad cynical today, Pete. Anyway, sure...it's a freebee and it can benefit some folks...however it is also a marketing ploy. Just saying.

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Nothing wrong with that Trip, some of my best friends are cynical all the time. It doesn't always pay to see the world through rose tinted glasses 8)

Pete

6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I used Microsofts offer for a free online course for the MCDST exam 70-272 and too say the least it was useless. It was so brief and pointless that I felt I'd wasted 2 hours of my life...:twisted:

Maybe the 70-270 online course is better but as they say you don't something for nothing. Microsoft is using this to draw people into doing the exam as Trip has pointed out but at the end f the day Microsoft still wants your cash...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. law123

law123 Byte Poster

So is it not worth even looking at? Is the general consensus?

I see that they are offering other freebies ( :unsure well not to sure about that) but if anyone is interested here it is:- www.microsoftelearning.com/

I would like to here others opinions and yes TW I know what you meant nothing for nothing in this world. Or am I just cynical too.
    :iluvcf

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I suppose one way to find out...and probably the best way, would be to try one of the freebies out and see. After all, the price is right. :wink: