Free 2nd shot voucher on all CWNP Exams from May 1 – August 30, 2010

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, May 6, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Free 2nd shot voucher on all CWNP Exams from May 1 – August 30, 2010

Here’s how it works.

■Take the CWTS (PW0-070), CWNA (PW0-104), or CWSP (PW0-204) exam between May 1 and August 30, 2010.
    ■If you do not pass the exam, send us your Pearson VUE score sheet via fax (866-422-8354) or email ([email protected]). Make sure we get your full name and email address.
    ■Within 15 business days, we will email you your free second shot exam voucher.
    It really is that simple. We want you to go into any exam with confidence that you can pass the exam. Below are some caveats that we want you to be aware of.

■You must TAKE the exam between May 1 and August 30, not just buy your exam voucher or register for the exam.
    ■We will validate all 2nd Shot submissions with the Pearson VUE Testing Center
    ■Only one 2nd Shot voucher per failed exam.
    ■No substitutions: if you fail CWSP, you can’t get a free shot at CWNA, for example.
    ■All 2nd Shot Exam Vouchers will expire on Dec 31,2010.
    ■No returns, substitutions, or exchanges on 2nd Shot Exam Vouchers

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Thanks Ken. Just as a spin off from this, how relevant is the CWNP in the market place? I'm not a network engineer but I know more than a few and I'm yet to meet anyone with this certification. My intention is not to revile its practitioners, I'm just curious if someone can set me straight. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I guess it would be how much work X deals with wireless systems. I was going to go for the CWNA or Wireless# (as it was known back then), but then work sprung for a level 3 Wireless course.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. adencool

adencool Bit Poster

I decided to take this offer up, i do like the safety of second shot

i was studying for the ccna , when this offer came up, and it was a bit irresistible to ignore.

also i work as a sys admin for a nationwide electrical firm, a few months ago i was asked if i could install a wifi system to a retirement village, to which i said yes (but in reality i didnt have the knowledge to do it), but in the end we subbed it out to the firm which installs dect/warden call systems. this kinda got me started in reading the material based on this subject (in fact the source material i used was a £3 ebay book - cwna for exam pw0-100 (not the more recent 104) and various internet videos).

i passed the exam today with 88% (so didnt need the ss)

things to note thou (i prob wouldn't of taken the test if i knew this) the cost was £123.23 for the exam, having only used prometric before the vat charge was a bit of a shock, and i only found out a few days ago that i need to recertify ever 3 years (in fact i wish i had taken the lower cwts which is cheaper and non expiring)

back to the ccna now (again) which i passed in 2003 as part of my hnc, but didn't recertify

Certifications: HNC,Mcdst,MCITP:SA,MCTS,MCSA
    WIP: mcitp:ea