Fraser McKenzie shutdown

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by deedewdrop, Aug 20, 2009.

1. deedewdrop

deedewdrop New Member

Hi everybody,
    I am writing this with deep pain and irritation.
    Its only after everything has happenend that i am reading about all this FM crap through this forum.
    I had signed contract with FM during july. completed all exams before a year and was made to wait so long but never got me a job. all that is ok. the most unbearable thing is the money bit. i had asked a 100 times and have seen it on writtten that they will repay my course fee and finally i ended up paying.FM kept promising me thru mails that they would repay for 3 months and one fine day when i went to their office as i always do ....IT WAS NO LONGER THERE! it was there till yesterday. now i have no one to ask to.
    I dont know if i will get my money back and i dont have more money to go to a solicitor. if there are many people to raise a voice against this, cant we do something about it????

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

If you've completed all the exams why should you get your money back ? So you really thought someone would just get you a job like that ? What about the rest of us who have years of experience and are still out of work ?

Welcome to the real world !

If you have a claim you will need to find out who the Adninistrators are and lodge it with them - write to FM at their Registered Office address abd state your reasons. The Administrators will reply.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Dear gods. The roundabout of fun starts all over again....

There are countless threads on FM on the forum at the moment. All containing all of the information you could possibly ask, why not go take a read of them.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. deedewdrop

deedewdrop New Member

Thank you for all ur replies. for ur information i did have experience as well,but overseas.since it was hard to find a job in uk i had thought FM would get me a job with their clients,that is how they convinced me. you would know only if u were in that situation.
    But how do i know who is the administrator are to write to as there is no such company existing now. please help me if you have any clues...

5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Try reading what I said - look on any letter from FM. Somewhere it will quote the Registered Office address. If not, write to the last address you had or look it up at www.companieshouse.gov.uk

It may take some time if the Administrators have thousands of people to deal with and even then may take years to get anything back

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. simonkn

simonkn Bit Poster

Also worth noting is that if you have a legitimate claim and have written proof that a product or service has not been provided then the UK Citizens Advice Bureau (C.A.B.) will help you file a claim and arrange cheap leal representation. This will be through the small claims court (I assume your financial outlay was below £10k) and actually you could file the claim yourself with the help of the C.A.B. and this would negate the need for legal representation.

Another course of action could be if you paid for the course via a UK credit card. Perhaps they could help refund the monies owed - again assuming you can provide evidence you are owed any. Remember, a salesmans verbal promise over the phone or personally will be inadmissable, however, ironically, if they have clearly stated in documentation that they PROMISE to find you a job, then you have a claim!

Sadly however, whenever a Company in Administration is involved in a claim, the Administrators will be paying off the company's creditors in a sliding scale of monies owed. UKDarkstar is so(oooooo) correct in stating that this will take months if not years to resolve itself.

I would therefore secure a job and then use the salary expectations from your job to file the claim of earnings lost over the time between Administration and Settlement. (yes it has been done!)
    Good luck

SK

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

A court claim isn't going to work if the defendant no longer exists.

The credit card option is probably your best if that's how you paid.

As he said, creditors will be paid on a sliding scale and even though you think that a few grand is a lot to you, it's probably nothing to the tens of thousands that FM may owe banks and other companies.

And if they had any money they wouldn't have gone bust.

And this isn't CAB.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Learn from it and move on mate.

Start applying for jobs the traditional way, you can’t buy a job.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs