Formula 1

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Who Will Win The Drivers Championship?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2009.
  1. Jenson Button

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Rubens Barrichello

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Felipe Massa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kimi Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other, Please Specifiy

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well it's been an exciting start to the season, with Jenson Button clocking up two wins.

Who do you think will win the Championship this year?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

I enjoyed it immensely - The coverage has been excellent and I am sad enough to sit with the live timing and the f1 twitter feed on my laptop :)

Jenson is obviously a firm favourite, could be anyone's though. The red bulls look good and will probably get better for China. The Brawn just seems to suit Jenson's style and seems to like being driven smoothly.

Can't wait for the next race. We have already had a Kimi classic this year with him sat with a monsoon outside, in his shorts, eating an ice cream (I know it's bloomin warm over there!)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I would like to see Jenson win it but I reckon that Lewis Hamilton will kick in again after a few races. However next week sees the start of the Moto GP Season!!!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Im up for some Button winnage. Its about time he made it to the top.

Not a Hamilton fan, and recent events havent helped his image at all.

On a side note, I think Kovalinen has given up racing recently. He just parked it up on the first lap yesterday.

Loved the image of Kimi with the Magnum and a can of coke. Just showed exactly his feelings on the matter.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I'm also enjoying the coverage, I do like Martin Brundle.

The new guy with him, reminds me of a horse racing commentator, at the moment he is in the slightly annoying category.

Have to wait and see what the verdict is about the diffuser situation.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Where is the Pic of Kimi with the Magnu, and Coke? Would love to see that.

Did you hear the comments made by David Coulthard about Kimi being the laziest driver he has worked with? Made me lmao, he did then back this up with saying that he is the most naturally gifted driver.

7. Metalstar

I agree about Jonathan Legard. He commentates the way kids do when they pretend. I lost count of the "Here he comes", "They are coming round now", "Round he comes" etc. etc.

I loved his sage advice to the teams regarding tyre choice - "You have to use your own eyes" :blink

Brundle looked entirely uninterested with what he was saying pre race, was quite funny. He also made the classic mistake of getting excited over a replay. You can't blame him for that though as even Murray did that one quite often :D

8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

here perhaps? Cant see youtube at work so no promises.

I missed the comments by coulthard. Too busy being deafened by Eddie Jordan. Gods that man likes the sound of his own voice.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. Metalstar

Replace EJ with Mansell and Jonathan Legard with Murray Walker and the coverage would be perfect :D

10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Nigel Mansell has the best pair of eyebrows on the planet!

11. Metalstar

True, they are interchangeable with his moustache.

I bumped into him at the Autosport Motorshow a few years ago, we did that awkward dance when you are trying to get round someone and keep going the same way.

I only realised who he was after he had gone past, he isn't the same man without the tache!

12. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Redbull are in need of a mention for yesterdays race. Didn't they do well - Webber and his car.

Lee

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I do rate Sebastian Vettel, he is a great driver.

From what I have seen so far, it could be between Brawn, Toyota and Red Bull.

It is amazing to see no Ferrari or McLaren on the podium, these new rules have blown things wide open.

Have to wait and see what happens with the diffuser situation, things could start to get really interesting.

14. 85head

85head New Member

from what i've seen so far it between Brawn and Brawn. Toyota, Williams and Red Bull are not anywhere near the Brawn's, i would say the Brawn's are about 0.5 tenths faster and with the in season testing ban i don't think anyone can catch up.

15. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

We have a ruling coming out in relation to the diffusers before the Chinese Grand Priz I believe which could change things again drastically.

Dont forget that Vettel would have been near the top in qualifying had it not been for his 10 place demotion and was it Glock and Rosberg where doing well in the race until we had all the tyre changes.

16. Metalstar

I really hope they rule in favour of keeping the diffusers. The main thrust of the rule changes was to make the cars easier to drive in someone else's turbulent air. This seems to have worked as the racing has been ace - not seen so many trains of 4 cars for a long time!

I'd be concerned that removing the diffuser would upset the cars using it too much and would artificially mix everything up again.

The next thing F1 needs to look at :- why it is cheaper to fly to spa and watch the racing there for a weekend than it is to watch in the UK :blink

17. 85head

85head New Member

Vettel only had 15 laps of fuel in Qualifying and was still 0.3 tenths off pole while Glock and Rosberg had only one more lap of fuel then Button and was 0.1 in. In the race button 1m 36.641, which is a second faster than the next non-Brawn car!!, if these rear diffusers are found to be legal none will be catching Brawn car's.

18. shadds

shadds Bit Poster

I really hope jenson does it this year he has been underated for years due to the fact he has never had a car under him capable of doing anything special.

Does anyone watch friday practice on here? dont you think david croft and davidson do a much better job in the box than brundle and legard? I reckon they should switch legard with davidson.

overall though the coverage is top class thanks to no adverts shame about the lack of GP2 though which is a shame.

Also where is HD coverage bernie? we can watch NASCAR and WTCC in HD but not F1 which is meant to be the pinacle of circuit racing! seems a bit stupid to me.

WIP: CCNA
  19. Metalstar

That's a cracking suggestion. More realistic than getting Murray back aswell! I liked Davidson when he was a guest on the ITV team.

20. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would like Button to win, it's about time the tide turned for him.

I just want to know the truth about what happened in the 10 minutes he dissapeared into the trailer with his girlfriend after he won the first race :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?