FOG: Free computer cloning solution

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's/Gal's,

Came across this today and thought that it may be of use to a few members here.

While I'm not a linux person (the server part of this solution is based on a Linux machine), if it does what we want it to do (deploy full builds onto client PC's) and save us thousands of £££'s on Ghost/Acronis licences. I'm willing to give it a go. Just have to find time to test out this software.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Have you looked at WDS at all? We've just set it up for our XP images, and although its a bit slow, and we've had a few problems with random machines not seeing all the images, its free.

I've thought about looking at FOG, but again, it depends on finding the time.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's something we were playing around with, but again that was put on hold for other more important projects :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security