First thing 1st!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by kirill_korolyov, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kirill_korolyov

kirill_korolyov Bit Poster

Hello.
    I`ve passed my a+ about a year ago or so now im on to mcse.just want to ask any advices and extra resources where i can get.My 1st exam will be 270 for MCP.
    I have Microsoft Self-paced training kit & cd`s and software.
    thank you8)

Certifications: GNVQ ICT,ECDL part 1,AVCE ICT,A+ 601/2
    WIP: MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can get everything you need by e-mailing TomTips at [email protected]. Make sure to tell him what you've got and what you need.

That said... I don't think you're ready for the MCSE.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. kirill_korolyov

kirill_korolyov Bit Poster

but you have done mcse so why not can u tell me what did you used to revise for your exams? lol @ e-mailing microsoft :ohmy

Certifications: GNVQ ICT,ECDL part 1,AVCE ICT,A+ 601/2
    WIP: MCSE
  4. BosonMichael

Well, first off, I didn't use braindumps. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Ohhhhh dear, seem to hear a lot about braindumps recently :biggrin

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  6. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

My Sherlock Holme's senses sensed that it was the poor gramatical structure and the inability to understand what needs to be done for the MCSE that gave it away.

How did you guys come to the conclusion it was really braindumps ? :disguise

But I am going to help this one:

Try having a look at the Microsoft MCSE website here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx

Then you can browse through that microsite and find the information you need.

But I have to wonder if you have the baggage to jump straight to MCSE.

Anyways, good luck!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  7. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

he said the provider on his original post ;P

ps. what is it with all of the sonic avatars all of a sudden?

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  8. BosonMichael

Because he edited his post to remove the name of the braindump.

9. BosonMichael

First this... then this.

10. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Ah braindumps:behead

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  11. BosonMichael

Kirill, the reason why I said I don't think you're ready for the MCSE is because you just passed the A+ a year ago. It is not likely that you have a year's worth of experience administering Windows Server 2003, which is what Microsoft recommends you have before pursuing the MCSE.

And... the braindumps aren't helping you any. Sure, they help you pass the exam by enabling you to cheat... but you don't truly understand much (if anything) by doing that. Plus, using them can get you decertified for life.

I would recommend that you pursue the Network+ and MCDST. For Network+, I'd recommend Mike Meyers AIO. For the MCDST, I'd recommend MS Press and/or Sybex.

12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

As well as that it appears he had multiple attempts to pass the A+. Not a good sign when the magnitude of difficulty of what you are about to take on is about to ramp up considerably.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada