First Few Days...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Luddym, May 15, 2007.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey guys,

I started my first IT job in over 2 and a half years this monday. It feels like a daunting task right now as it feels like I know f**k all.

Having done my A+, N+ and 70-270/70-290 about a year ago, everything is just a little hazy. For instance, I had to wrack my brain for a few mintues to even remember how to put a machine onto the domain. :ohmy Add to that the huge server base, Using Lotus notes instead of Microsoft Outlook and various other new and old technologies (including unix dumb terminals that require a lot of admin on) all makes me feel a little bit like a dinosaur.

I'm 1st/2nd line, so it is going to be an uphill struggle for a few days, but I'm seriously hoping it will just click in. :p

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

Peace

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Studying and passing a certification exam is one thing. Retaining the information and expanding on it means using it all the time. Otherwise, you forget, even if the initials are still behind your name. That's a good lesson. Thanks for the "heads up", Luddym.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck mate, Im sure after a few weeks when you get more familiar with the systems that are in place your confidence will grow. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i know what you mean... i totallyu forgot how to map a bleeding network drive! Geez - was i embarrassed or what... Just like what Sparky said, give it a bit of time, and every will come back and then you'll be ready to lead the pack!

Good Luck mate.