First CompTIA exam tomorrow

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Finkenstein, May 5, 2010.

1. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Hey all,

Well, I am about to take my first ever CompTIA exam tomorrow afternoon. I'm a bit nervous as what to expect since I hear the questions can be pretty ambiguous and terrible, but we'll see what happens. I figured I'd take the Network+ exam as a low level primer and review for the ICND1 exam. I'm hoping that I don't get nailed on network testing equipment, as that seems to be my weak spot so far... that and reading questions too quickly.

Here's hoping!

For what it's worth, I've used the Mike Meyers All in one, and 13 years of experience, so unless I just have a bad day, I should be able to make it through. I'm using the TotalSem practice exams as well, and of course everything I can find on CertForums. :D

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Good luck tomorrow! I am almost positive I missed at least one question on the network+ because I didn't read the question carefully enough. It was at the end of the exam and I was ready to be done! So definitely read every question carefully. After that I was ridiculously careful reading the questions on the MCDST exams.

As I recall the totalsem tests are pretty good. I also think I scored higher on the real thing then the totalsem tests indicated I would.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi there, how did the exam go?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Hello! I passed with 858/900. Now I'm getting prepped for my ICND1... I don't like to stop once I get going... it is too hard to keep the motivation up.

Cheers!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  5. Shuayb

Shuayb Bit Poster

Congrats

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: SSCP, CCNA Security
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, i know its hard to motivate yourself i think thats my trouble i pick the book up read it try memorise stuff then go back to it two days later.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!